Well, we aren't going to be spending Thanksgiving with family but we get the next best thing!! We have been invited to spend the holiday with friends and their family!! We were planning to spend tomorrow with some new friends from church but they all came down with a nasty cold virus. We were so looking forward to getting to know them better, we sure do hope the Ostics get to feeling better and I hope Jim feels good enough to cook the turkey anyway. They were doing the turkey and rolls and cranberry sauce and some desserts and we were bringing the rest. If I had already cooked everything I would just drop it off for them. Who wants to cook when you are sick? But unfortunately I hadn't started cooking yet!!
Sunday the Gerlt's asked us what our plans for Thanksgiving were and I called them up this afternoon to see if the offer was still good. YIPPEE!! Not only do we love the Gerlts but we LOVE the Allens, too!! We get a double treat!! We get to spend the day with our friends and their dear family!! Erin's parents have known Dan and I since before we were Dan and I.
I even get to bring some food, but I think they are just humoring me so I won't feel like a bum. I am bringing an apple pie for Dan and Festive Tossed Salad. It is so yummy!! I found the recipe last year when I was preparing my first Thanksgiving dinner and I have decided it will be one of our yearly recipes. I think things like that are fun and well, honestly, you have to make the dressing and that's just a once a year kind of thing for me.
So even though I am super homesick for family, we will be fellowshipping with friends that are closer than a brother, well maybe not closer but you know what I mean. Both of our families will be getting together. We would love to be with them both but if we can't be with family being with the Gerlts and Allens is pretty darn close!
And on Friday I get to put up the Christmas decorations!!!! I bought some new Christmas music today, I couldn't help it!! I love this time of year it is so magical and I know all the secrets of the magic!
No comments:
Post a Comment