Sunday, July 30, 2006

God Is SOOOO GOOD!!

Oh, man, do I have a story to tell you!! It's just too bad that I don't have time to fill you in on all the details!! In short, Dan has a job!! He came home Friday with a job!! AND THE BEST PART, we still get to go on vacation! WOOHOO! We just got back from Bonham, TX where Dan did great job leading the service this morning. IT was so fun to spend some time with our dear friends Adam and Mandy. Olivia had her first birthday!! What a great weekend and we are leaving at 5 tomorrow morning for the sunny beaches of Florida!

OK, so here's a little bit of the amazing story of how God provided for us! Dan interviewed for this job a few weeks ago and didn't get it. We were heartbroken, I thought he would be perfect for it. His boss at Day camp actually got the job instead. Then Dan felt strongly convicted to turn the job search over to the Lord for the next week. No searching, no fretting, no job search with the promise of God's provision at the end of this Job fast. Dan's faithfulness to God's plan for him blessed us all and we had a really great week!! It wasn't hard and we were blessed in so many ways!! I saw the Lord's compassion continually as He answered the desires and requests of my heart. Then on Thursday Dan was asked to take over his Day camp because a leader quit in one of the other community centers and Dan's boss, Katie took over there and Dan took Katie's spot. He was able to step in and finish up well. On Friday, Dan was offered a position as a programmer at a community center. It is a job that Dan applied for but didn't even get an interview for! They offered the job to four other people and they all turned it down. They automatically thought of Dan and He starts one week from tomorrow!!! It is the job that Dan had been hoping for. It is temporary with the possibility of becoming a permenant postion with full health benefits. We are still looking for a ministry position but open to the Lord leading us to this position full time. It is so awesome!! Dan didn't have to do a thing to get this job except trust the Lord and wait for HIM to work it out. Well, and he did a great job at work and everyone loves him but that's just Dan! Thanks for praying for us and please continue to pray that the Lord will direct our every move. And whether that includes full-time ministry or if this current job is to become Dan's ministry, because believe me it is ripe for the Lord's moving! I have to finish up the frantic packing for our unexpected impromtu vacation!!

3 comments:

Ellen said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!! This is wonderful! God always provides exactly what we need, and sometimes the time He provides it in seems just right to us. =) It's really nice when that happens, isn't it? We're thanking God with you for this evidence of His leading. Have a great vacation with Aunt Patty!

Michael said...

Congratulations. I think it must have been due to his "choreagraphy" work. Surely they must have figured that anyone who can get kids to line dance deserves a promotion.

Ellen said...

I want to hear about your vacation! I guess I'll have to call you. =) I hope it was wonderful.