I have to tell you, friends, I wasted a LOT of time worrying. This whole selling the house thing....it about did me in and I don't think I care to do it again....EVER! It's not that I was worried that God wasn't going to take care of us or that He didn't have a plan for us. I spent lots of time worried that God's best for our situation would be, I am embarrassed to say, hard.
That's right, friends. I was so scared that God was going to make me walk through the fire. I am sure He has some hard things in our future and we did just recently walk through some pretty tough stuff but I wouldn't call any of that "the fire."
I have been made painfully aware of how dependant I have become on my immediate circumstances for my own happiness. I know this because I have been a WRECK! I mean a serious tons of wreckage and ruined lives train wreck!
A dear friend helped me put things in perspective. She reminded me how God has worked in our lives in the past. He has always done amazing things for us, y'all! I realized while thinking back that God always does great things that bring Him glory, BUT we are always DESPERATE for Him to meet our needs.
I think I forgot to be desperate for Him. I have become a little too confident in my own abilities and those around me to meet our true or perceived needs. I would like to say I have learned my lesson, but I am pretty sure I will walk this road again. I usually have to learn lessons several times and most of the time it's the hard way.
Right now I am just so thankful for the provision of our Father. He is abundantly more than I can ever understand.
No comments:
Post a Comment