
I never thought I would be so sad to see Tiger go....I was NOT prepared. Perhaps my emotion could be chalked up to the move in general but I am going to believe it was out of love for Tiger. It was hard for Olivia even though you can't tell in the photo and FaithLyn was pretty sad but I don't think it had a lot to do with Tiger.
My kids haven't learned yet how to disconnect from people(or pets) they love. I am thankful for this....but it makes those tender little hearts hurt so bad. The one consolation we have in this process is how faithful God has been to prove to us time and again that this is HIS plan not ours.
Dan put Tiger on Craigslist Monday around 11am. By 2:30 pm a family had already emailed us about him. This family that had no way to know who we were lost their dog last week. We actually know this family! They have 5 children(4 boys) and a daughter and Tiger is going to get so much love! We know the Husband from college! We know they love the Lord and will care for Tiger. It's silly, but it gives us so much comfort. If God cares enough about Tiger to find such a wonderful home for him, then how much more will He care for us? God is so good!
I have been battling some real anxiety. Right now the verse I have running on repeat in my mind is Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you."
God brought this verse to my attention and I didn't have any clue how to keep my mind steadfast and faithfully trust God in this. The main area of anxiety for me is the sale of this house. We love this house. It isn't perfect but we love it so much! Somehow I got this idea that if this house didn't sell then it was somehow tied to who I am. It really is hard to explain the process that irrational fear takes in our minds. How fear begins as a doubt and twists and turns and warfs into this overpowering all encompassing HUGE unescapable idea that I can feel taking over my body and mind. It became a physical feeling. I could literally feel it overtaking my body.
Dan encouraged me to pray through Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
It took me quite a while of thanking God for everything I could think of before His peace and comfort calmed my spirit. But I am clinging to that peace now....I make sure my mind is steadfast! The Lord is so faithful and He is working continuously. I can rest.
2 comments:
Isaiah 26:3 has been my "breath verse" lately too!! (Breath verse, because I need to repeat it just about as often as I breathe!) :) I am praying for your family...moving, change, goodbyes, selling houses...it's all HARD. What an encouragement that God is wrapping you in such peace and teaching you how to DWELL in that peace, even as this transition is still occurring. :) (It's so good for me to read that and draw strength from it now, too.)
Is Tiger going to live with Josh L. and family?! If so, they really are an incredible family. :) We went to church with them back in WF! :) (But you might have already known that...?) I'm praying for your sweet kiddos through this too. It's fantastic that their hearts are so tender, but it IS so hard.
Love you guys! Thankful for your updates!
Yes, it is the L family!! Isn't that incredible!? God is so great! I have thought so much about you guys as we walk through this....I am sure you know better than anyone how hard this can be. I am praying for you guys as well!
Thanks for the encouragement. ;)
Post a Comment