Saturday, November 7, 2009

49 Days Until Christmas!

I wanted to have all my Christmas shopping done early this year....But I didn't plan early enough to have the money saved up. Next year, right? Well, that still leaves this year. I needed everything to be done before December. The whole month is ALWAYS crazy! With Christmas parties and exciting visitors and baking and all the fun stuff that comes with Christmas, well, I want to be able to enjoy it and have a clean house all at the same time. So I have to have my shopping done. I hate trying to think of things to get everyone for christmas. I do not want to spend money on stuff no one wants. I do not want to buy toys that will be discarded in 20 minutes...What's the solution?



My sister and I decided to do things differently this year....Instead I am going to MAKE all of our Christmas presents...

It's gonna be a HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS! I think it will be tons of fun! Not only will it be cheaper but while we are making the gifts we will have time to think about and pray for the loved ones we are creating for. It may be a total disaster and it may never happen again but I have already bought all the material and have tons of ideas so I am committed for this year!



I would share my ideas with you but pretty much the only people that read this are the very ones we are making things for so maybe after Christmas I will put up some pictures.



But how about you all? Anyone doing things differently this year? What are some of your favorite frugal homemade gifts? If you are considering doing this let me recommend a blog to you: Sew Mama Sew. Yes it's a sewing blog but they have some really great ideas if you like sewing and even if you don't they might get your creative juices going!

Happy November, all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for not sharing, but not to worry, Luke can't read yet. hahaha. I think Christmas this way is alot more thought provoking and for the right people, very appreciated.
Good luck.