Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Here's a Run Down....

Ok, this is for my one friend who still checks...

I am going to try and give you a run down of the last few weeks to get all caught up so I can start again.


March:

March 4- Took Judson for his 18 month check-up ~ got some shots.

March 10- PTA meeting

March 13-15 Visit to see Angie and Luke. Fun but rainy. The moms got stir crazy with 5 kids stuck in doors....

March 17-19 Youth Group Spring Break Trip to Robbers Cave State Park, OK


March 9ish-22ish -Long hard battle with chemically evolved Head Lice resistant to even the most deadly of chemicals! One of the joys of Public School...it happens to the best of us. This also blessed us with LOADS of laundry, all the linens, coats and clothes, many long tedious head checks and we finally won the battle by picking out the bugs and nits one. by. one.....BY HAND! It makes me sick just thinking of it. I am an expert on Head Lice now...Have any questions? I bet I can answer them. I am also pretty adept at spotting those TINY little bugs in even the lightest of hair!
March 25- 6 month Cleaning appointment for FaithLyn and Elise
March 26- VBS Training Conference
This year I am teaching the Missions Rotation. I am super excited, it's always my favorite part of VBS. Here is part of my room. The chairs are set up like a boat.


March 27- Kindergarten Cowboy Fun Day at the Camp

I love helping with FaithLyn's class. I got to help with Hula Hoop Calf Roping. The kids had a great time. They also got to do some Square Dancing and got a real Roping demonstration. But we live in Cowboy land so it wasn't too new for many kids.

March 30- I made a whirlwind trip to Lubbock to be with my family while Dad had his surgery.

It went really well and I am SOOO thankful that Dan made it possible for me to go. What was I thinking that I didn't need to be there??? My dad is recovering super quick from the surgery and it was a complete success! No more cancer. Praise God!

I had to rush home that afternoon to make it back for a date with Dan. He got a babysitter so we could go the High School One-Act Play Dinner Theater. I was pretty pooped.

April:

April 6- Yearly Exam with my OB/GYN....NEVER fun!

April 7-9 Quick visit home to see Dad. Again thanks to Dan for making it possible. FaithLyn got some good Daddy time!

April 10 Good Friday- Dan got the day off. We did some landscaping and got some hair cuts for Easter. I cut Dan and Judson and the girls went to a local hair cutting chain.

April 11 Worked on the piles of laundry and cleaned on the house. Dan took the kids to an egg hunt in town. I got a much needed haircut from a friend who came to my house! Talk about convenient!

April 12 -Easter I didn't get any pictures....BOO! My camera was dead....5 people to get ready is a LOT. I forgot to put the turkey in the oven, I came back in the middle of Sunday school. The turkey was done at 2...We had some for dinner.

We had a wonderful day celebrating the resurrection of our Savior. It didn't quite go as I had planned....But still full of God's grace, mercy, and the joy of our salvation!

April 14- PTA meeting

April 21- Elise went for her Kindergarten screening!!!

We have a pretty big weekend planned ~I hope to tell you all about it!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm still here...I'll stick with you through it all! Sounds like a busy month, especially the whole head lice thing. I'm itching just thinking about it. I think everyone with girls has to go through that once in their life. I'll call you when I get to that point. Love you Kelli!

stella g. said...

ok, so a few comments:
-LOVE the update.
-can't believe you had to deal w/ head lice. lice??!
-Hula Hoop Calf Roping...only in TX
-only you would put your yearly exam on your blog.

ha! good to hear what's going on in the Bragdon clan. :)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you UPDATED. I check every day and its months of disappointment. Today was sooooo exciting, except(like stella noted) when you mentioned your ob appt. hahaha

love you.