Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's the Small Blessings that Add Up A LOT!

I like to remember the goodness of our Savior. That's one of the main reasons I have this site. I have a few goodnesses I would like to get down for the sake of posterity and family history.


Blessing #1 We lost our first tooth in the B Casa this past weekend!



Blessing #2
This one is WAY over due......Back in August Elise read her first book! She is catching on pretty darn quick, too!


Blessing #3

Dan is going to be ordained into the Ministry this weekend! He is already licenced and now he will be an "official" minister. Now all the bulletins will say: Youth Minister - Rev. Dan Bragdon. Both of our parents are coming in and Angie and Luke are also coming to celebrate with us. You can come, too, if you want! We would love to have you join us!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
3:00 pm
411 S Wall
Iowa Park, TX 76367







Blessing #4

No picture for this blessing. Just a story.



If you know much about our history you know that God is OUR provider. He helped us get through college with almost no student loans. He provided us with a PERFECT job one month after moving in with Dan's parents after college graduation. He made a way to pay for the birth of our beautiful baby girl born without maternity insurance. You get the picture. The list is incredibly long of how God has provided and used many of you to help meet our needs and love us in very special ways. Today is just one more little chapter in that story of loving kindness. Dan drives a red car. That red car is, in and of itself, a gift of loving kindness given in our time of need out of love and generosity. It drives him around faithfully. The other day the red car got a flat. We left it parked at the church overnight. The next day Dan took the tire and got it repaired. Fast forward about 5 days later. Today Dan got a phone call. Someone has paid a local company to replace two of the tires on Dan's little red car. It was not more than two weeks ago that I mentioned to Dan that we probably needed to look into getting new tires for his car.


The gratitude I feel is a lump in my throat.


"Who am I , O Sovereign Lord, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?" 2 Samuel 7:18

2 comments:

Shannon said...

WOOHOO! I love hearing stuff like this and rejoicing with you. :)

Congratulations FL! Does the Tooth Fairy visit your house?
Way to go, Elise! Welcome to the fun, fun world of reading. :)
Happy ordination, a few days early! And what a fun time with family that will be!
And I LOVE hearing how God provides for people. We've certainly been blessed by His people before...it's both humbling and awe-inspiring.
We miss you guys and hope to get together soon!

Mandy said...

Congrats Dan on the whole ordination - wish we could be there! We have been dwelling on a similar trust scripture, trying to remember that our help comes from the Lord and that we may not see how he is going to work, but just remembering that He ALWAYS knows best. I love hearing encouraging testimonies like that!