I JUST VOTED!!
Have you!?
Voting is what makes this wonderful nation wonderful! We have a say, a voice, and no matter what you may think.....IT MATTERS! It WILL be heard! OUr democracy stands on the belief that we as a people are educated enough and care enough to run ourselves! We elect our leaders. We elect leaders that stand for our beliefs, standards, ideas, ideals....
With media telling us what to do and think in every area of our lives all too often we unfortunately leave the work up to them...or sadly we vote based on who LOOKS best, or whose name we have actually heard. I have done it myself. Those local elections don't get much media so I vote according to party or whose sign I have seen more prominently. Shame on me! It is my right to vote. Women weren't always allowed the right. We weren't seen as Educated enough or we were seen as too emotional to make an educated decision. We as a nation have become appathetic to the glorious rights our nations freely gives us. We have not recollection of the cost that these rights so dearly cost our forefathers. So we vote according to whim or we fail to vote at all. Granted I have felt the despair of feeling like my ideas or thoughts on the "issues" won't matter much but what would our nation be if EVERYONE took this defeatest attitude? Are we going to let our nation succumb to SURIVAL of the Fittest or Loudest or Best Looking? Is that what we as a nation want? Do we even know what we as a nation want?
Well- Today is your day to have a say. Your vote will count IF you cast it! If you fail to cast your vote then you have forfeited your right to moan and groan about the outcome!! IF you care about the outcome then put your toosh in action and do something about it! VOTE.
No matter how this election turns out...I am at peace. I have cast my vote. I vote PRO-LIFE. It is the most important issue to me. That is the beauty of our government. I can vote my conscience and you may vote yours. And at the end of the day when all the dust settles I can go to sleep knowing that whatever the results are....I serve a God that is bigger than any President, Government, Bigger than any issue, cause, Disappointment, Victory, Man or Woman! And my trust and peace lies in HIS Glory and Majesty. I choose to let my life reflect HIS glory with HIS help and no matter what my country decides HIS will is victorious and I can rest in His sovereign plan.
SO- get out there and make your vote count!
No comments:
Post a Comment