Thursday, December 13, 2007

PEACE...PRAISE be to GOD!!!

I may be counting my chickens before they hatch, but I have to say a HUGE public Thank YOU to Jesus! Judson slept through his morning nap!!!!!!

Ok, here's the background. We had two weeks of beautiful schedule mastery. He slept when he was supposed to for as long as he was supposed to. IT was BEAUTIFUL!!!!! The only problem was that he wasn't eating like he was supposed to. After two weeks I felt like it was safe to change his schedule to a four hour. That way he would only have two and a half naps and less feedings. A break for me for sure! The first few days were like a dream then the floor fell out from under us. I think it was a combination of things but this momma's heart was in distress. It is OOOOHH so hard to go back to lots of sad crying baby when you had fallen so in love with sweet smiley well rested baby. Not to mention well rested and less-tense momma who's back had finally started to feel normal again from regular peaceful not worried about being jolted from sleep by a crying baby sleep.

We have been praying for Judson to slip back into his wonder baby sleep patterns during our breakfast prayer time. I have learned over the last four months that you NEVER- NEVVVER say "oh, listen, he went to sleep!!" Because inevitably every time you do that he starts screaming as soon as your exclamation leaves your lips.

Today, at 10 when it was time for me to give sweet boy his medicine for his reflux, which has to be given 30 mins. prior to a feeding, it had been quiet ALL morning! I just finished reading a chapter of Little House on the Prairie with the girls and I dared to say those few words.....

I asked the girls if they had noticed that Judson hadn't been crying this morning and FaithLyn said, "OH, Mom, God answered your prayer!!!" And the icing on the cake is that he didn't even wake up after I gave him medicine!! WoostinkinWHO!

I realize this may just be one step in the lengthy process, but Thank You, Lord for one step!!!

2 comments:

FordeFam said...

That is sooo funny and very cute that he didn't wake up after his medicine!!! God is good!!! Thanks for the website!!! I can't wait to start learning about it some more!!! We never celebrated advent, but I think my dad has recently started doing some stuff!!! :) Can't wait!!! Today's nap time will be full of learning for me!!! Thanks so much for that site!!!
Maia

Andrea Casey said...

Whohoo!!! So true... it seems whenever we're relieved Kate goes down without a fight and vocalize this relief, she starts fussing... :|

How wonderful that your girls see the Lord at work in answering your prayers! What a great testimony!