Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Rainy Day Tag

I was tagged by Gerlthouse to share what we do on rainy days. I want really badly to tell you all that we do something really special and meaningful....but we don't. It rained so much this past year that our house is sinking! Well just the bricks really. Let's see what are some of the things that we have done during the monsoon season. I can't think of anything that we do everytime. We usually watch a little more TV than normal. Sometimes we will pull out a game or read lots of books. Those are usually the days we might make cookies or something sweet to eat. I try to make them special somehow but rainy days always seem to become laundry days. We all sit in front of the TV together and I fold mountains of laundry. My kids like those days and I justify it because I am getting something done in close proximity to my children so I can monitor what they are watching. It eases my conscience anyway.

Personally, I am just making it through life right now. Just making it through a day, rainy or not, is a reason to rejoice in our house. I am focused on the big memories like holidays. That, I can tackle. We are also trying to figure out how to incorporate family worship into our schedule and what we want it to look like.

The girls always ask to do crafts or play with play dough. But the crafts take planning and clean up and the play dough takes monitoring and clean up. Those things I just don't have much energy for right now. Someday soon, but not yet.

But I would love to hear what you do! Someday I will be sleeping at night and I might even be able to get a nap every once in a while so I might need some back up ideas!
So, FordeFam, Shannon, and Ellen, I would love to hear how you do things!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Jonah's not free for a few years at least- but I'm always free for a girls night out! We need to do it sometime - I am so in need of it and I'm sure you have been for a while!