Well, I am obviously biased, being their mother and all. We just had a fun little picture shoot this morning. With the time change no one sleeps as late and we had a little extra time to have some fun.
FaithLyn is such a good big sister. I hope these three always value each others company like they do now. My little stair steps!
I caught a happy moment with Judson.
And then it was over.
This morning I went in to get him from a nap and he was just waiting for me contently. Those moments are rare! I went over and peered down at him smiling and he broke out in the biggest grin. We just cooed and smiled at each other for a while. Until I tried his patience too long and he got mad.
These moments are more common these days and I find that I cherish them more because of the days and days of fussy, sad, little Judson. If I stay home all day and everything goes just right he sleeps really well. So, most of the time he is sleeping great. When he is sleeping great he is a sweet, happy little boy. I guess he got that from me. Not the sweet, happy little boy part, the cranky when you don't get enough sleep part. I have been a tad bit more sane and even a bit happy these past few days.
Tonight I was putting Judson and Olivia to bed, they share a room. We were singing our goodnight song, Olivia has just started to sing with me; so cute! Then I turned the lights out and Olivia said her prayer and I prayed for them and then Judson started crying. So I leaned over him and started to sing pretty loudly to drown out the cries and he settled down and started to coo. It was like he was singing with me. He listened and watched until I stopped and then fussed a moment or two more. It is so nice to feel like he knows me now. I am not just the milk bar anymore. I am officially, Mama. He smiles when he sees me in the morning. I can calm him when he is restless and fussy. He knows me. He needs me. And even though I can't make it 5 minutes through any day with out being needed by 5 various people, it is nice to know that this little person doesn't just NEED me, he prefers me. Moments like that make all the other, "Tie my shoes, I need toilet paper, MOMMY!, She hit me, Why can't I have peanut butter and jelly", moments a little bit less taxing.
No comments:
Post a Comment