Thursday, March 22, 2007

What a Week!

Ok, so these are the pictures we have to document our visit to WSS. We were enjoying our visit with loved ones so much we didn't take pictures. I did remember to take pictures of baby Seth because I knew it might be a while before we saw him again and I would really regret it later if I missed my opportunity.
This is our family picture that we took to send to the church. It is the most recent picture of us you can get and one of the only pictures of me. I was growing my hair out and this pic is pre-hair chopping fiasco. But I am not bitter...it's hair and it grows back. Oh, well.
Here is sweet Momma Ellen with sweet baby Seth. She is my new hero for making that drive and spending her first night with baby away from the help of David. It was a hard night but she made it! What were we thinking asking her to come to us??? We owe her big for this one!!
The girls loved their sweet cousin. The jury is still out for Seth. He was tired of having his picture taken! He held out for a long time though, what a champ!
The proud uncle Dan-Dan.
And last but not least, Here is "The Good Reverend Dan" speaking for the Senior Staff Reunion. Sorry for the poor quality. Trust me, Dan is there in front of the white screen.
What fun we had getting to catch up with everyone again. Dan did a great job relating his heart and the message God placed there. I was so glad to hear him speak his heart. It was a great experience. On the drive up we got to spend the night with Jim and Karen Grube!! How fun! If only we hadn't been in the car for 12 hours we might have been more fun. Next time, Grubes!We stayed at the Thomas' and felt right at home. Their home will always feel like home to us. We got to visit with the newly engaged couple, Dailey and Katie, and spend some time with the newly weds Aaron and Lynsey Thomas. Dan got some game time in with Rob and I got some good visit time with Chandra while the kids got to remember how to play together. It was loads of fun!! As much as we love all of those people God made it clear to us that we don't fit there anymore. We are right where we are supposed to be and even though it hasn't been the easiest transition or most fun to adjust, God has plans for us. The best part is that God wants us to take everything we learned about how to love people and make family and do that where ever we are. So, even though it's a lot of work, we can't wait to get started again!

Actually, we learned a lot about ourselves this week:
1. It is possible to make the trip to PA in two days with 3 kids, the DVD player didn't hurt either!
2. WE DON'T LIVE AT WSS ANYMORE! This was a bitter-sweet lesson to learn but I think we are finally ready to move on.
3. We love the staff at WSS just as much as we did when we were a part of it and they still know us better than just about anyone else. IT IS SO GREAT TO BE TRULY UNDERSTOOD! (and still loved)
4. Home has to be where ever God has you at the moment!



Did I mention that it snowed, A LOT while we were there? Boy, was I ready to get back to spring!! It was so green when we got back to Texas. Of course, in a about another month I will be wishing I was back in spring up at PA! I am NEVER satisfied! I love spring! The new life, the smell of new life especially. If you don't know what I am talking about you need to spend some time outside in the hours of dawn and dusk. And just soak it all in!! It is truly a beautiful picture and reminder of what Christ has done for us. Happy Spring, happy rebirth, happy new life. I was reminded that it's never too late to start fresh, Thank the LORD! There are so many things I want to do differently! Not in my power but in the power that can face death and rise again the victor!

4 comments:

Andrea Casey said...

I've missed hearing from you! You all look so good! Glad to hear you had a good time back in PA, even though some of the lessons may have been a little hard to swallow. "Home has to be where ever God has you at the moment"...that's one I'm still having to learn.
Glad you're back! :)

Erin said...

Oh, man. What hair-chopping fiasco? What happened?

Tried to call earlier in the week but missed you. Let's visit soon!

Erin said...

Oh, man. What hair-chopping fiasco? What happened?

Tried to call earlier in the week but missed you. Let's visit soon!

mattkimuber said...

Oh we are so upset that we missed coming up for the reunion. Matt had Spring break and could have fit it in. I think our brains are experienciny atrophy. Oh well we will try for another year. Let us know the next time you come east. We are heading back to OH in less than 2 months.

Thanks for the encouraging comment. I am feeling tapped in energy during this first trimester.
How are you feeling?