Friday, September 1, 2006

YIPEE for fast internet!







Dan and I have never been, well...normal. If you know us at all you know that. But for some reason we have fought the progression of technology in internet service. I am not fully sure what our thinking was but we have been dial-up users until today! We are now DSLers! WOOSTINKINWHO! In Pa we had dial-up because that was the only choice. In TX we have been frugal. We finally decided to put up the $3-4 extra for DSL. I can't imagine now what we were thinking. My only excuse is that we were living in ignorance. You can't miss what you have never known. Well we are fully educated now! SO, this blog will soon be up to speed with all of the bragdonclan pics that you have been missing. Here we have a few from our trip to FL (at Uncle Max and Aunt Patty's in the photos with the girls)and one of Olivia's B-day back in July. I am so excited !!! There may not be anyone out there who cares but I am really excited!! Yeah for fast internet and yeah for digital cameras!!

Oh and just an update. I did decide to babysit Katelyn. She fits right in with all of us girls. She is lots of fun and the girls love having her around. She is very polite and very obedient. For that I am a million times thankful! It has been an adjustment, one more to buckle into a car seat, one more lunch to fix. But some things are a lot easier, potty training is a lot easier for me to do for two than one, and I am certain there are other things but right now I am drawing a blank. I have committed for two months and at the end of the first 4 weeks I will reevaluate and let the Millers know. I am keeping an open mind and heart to God's direction. But we have already benefitted greatly from following God's will in this decision. I was forced to reevaluate my goals as a mom and get a better plan for accomplishing them. Once I get over the newness and we get more settled into a schedule I think we will really have a good time.

My class last Tuesday? Well, if nothing else I did take away one truth that I will share that makes it all worth it! This time in our life, here at Seminary, will be one of the hardest times for us as a family. But no matter how hard it gets, God has placed us here, and He won't leave us here alone to struggle through by ourselves! Sounds pretty elementary writing it out but on Tuesday night for me it was just what I needed to hear. Yes, it has been hard to adjust to less money, a smaller house, and less time with Dan, but I have grown in my Faith for God's provision SO MUCH!! I have learned a little better how much I can be stretched and succeed and how much I can be stretched and fail. I have made great progress in my relationship with the girls, and I have been forced to lean less on Dan and more on my Heavenly Father. So even though I am so tired that I cry pretty much anytime it is so worth it to be closer to the Lord. Even though it's harder than I have ever known before I am living a more fulfilled life than I ever thought possible. That, my friends, is what Jesus can do for you!

No comments: