Tuesday, September 26, 2006

PRESENTATIONS #*%!!#@%*

I have a presentation tonight for my Minister's Wives class and it has really bee frustrating to me! This is what I am supposed to be good at and I can't figure out what to share!! I feel like such a loser! The truth is that there is so much that I could share I am having a hard time fitting anything into 5 mins.! The presentation is pretty unstructured. Mrs. Dr. Patterson just wants us to get some practice speaking in front of everyone. This is supposed to be my thing!! And I have been unable to commit to a topic. I am going to take the easy way out and just share one of my posts from this blog. For me, this blog is a ministry. It is a ministry to my family. I got tired of feeling like they didn't me. SO...what better way to let your family really know you than to share your thoughts more concistently than a phone call every week? It has become so much more than just a collection of pictures and events for me. This blog is where I work out what God is teaching me and make myself vulnerable to others about what God is teaching me. Now how do I share that in 5 minutes? Oh, well, I have got to get back to the archives and find a post to share!

6 comments:

Andrea Casey said...

How did your presentation go?

Erin said...

Yeah, let us know! I'm sure it was great. And, Andrea!!!! We're so EXCITED!!! You're going to love it. Can't wait to hear how the rest of your pregnancy goes. Praying for a safe pregnancy and delivery.

Jamie Butts said...

How did it go? It was so fun to meet you. Now, if you and the Gerlthouse Gang could just make it up here for a visit (of the permanent persuasion).

Love Mommas said...

Ohhhh...I telling Strick. that you waited until the last minute :-)

Just kidding, knowing you I am sure it went fantastic!!

Jamie Butts said...

"I was a little worried that we might have become another responsibility."

Kelli -
It's Jamie again. Catching up on some blogs. Dustin just left tonight for a conference and I was thinking that I can see how you felt like that. I have had that thought before, but then Dustin assures me as well. It is a responsibility, but one they asked for and love and your help to Dan, especially with children (which I know next to nothing about how marriage is when you throw that into the picture) IS needed, important, and glorifying to God. Anyway, that quote (above) of yours was encouraging to me. I think Christian women battle such similary thoughts and attacks. May we strive to rest in truth. Sorry for such a long comment, but i didn't have your e-mail address. Give Erin a hug for me. I miss her. Thankful for ya'lls friendship.

Momma B. said...

Thanks Jamie! I am so glad that I could encourage you. It's so hard to see the man you love more than life struggle or sacrifice A LOT for us. But I do know and have seen that Dan is shining under this Godly burden. I am sure it is making Dustin stronger too and in that we CAN rejoice!! Much Love!