Today was Daddy Dan's first day of Seminary class! I was like a proud little mommy. Last night we got his leather briefcase(on loan from Career Kelli who has left the house for an undisclosed amount of time) all packed up and ready for class. Today's class was Contemporary Evangelism. Sounds pretty great.
On Tuesday evening we attended an Orientation event and I actually felt old!! I am not sure if I just felt unstylish or old, but probably both! There are a lot of students fresh out of college and not as many families as I thought I would see. But we had a good time meeting people and that scared, "Please, be my friend!" feeling didn't last too long.
Wednesday was the official Orientation day concluded by a family picnic and Church Fair. It was fabulous. Remember those days in college when all the churches fight for the new college students with lots of free stuff? Well, we hit the jackpot!! And this time having kids made us a hot commodity! Speaking of hot, We were outside for a total of 1 and 1/2 hours and I can not describe the heat we endured! It was sickening, that's the best I can do. I was hot the rest of the day no matter where I was! Gross!
We are starting to settle into a routine and unfortunately we are getting better at having Daddy around less. I am determined to need him less and still enjoy him more. I have a huge fear that I will become so competent with out Dan around that he will just be in my way when he is around. But God is going to use this time for His glory and we are excited to see where He is planning to take us during this time.
My class starts on Tuesday. Oh, did I forget to mention that I am taking a class, too? I will be taking Wife of the Equipping Minister with Dr. Dorothy Patterson. I will learn lots of interesting things like how to dress my husband, how to set the table for a formal dinner, how to entertain, and other really interesting topics that I will need to know as a minister's wife. OK, maybe my description of the course was a little to thick with sarcasm. Why did I sign up, then? Well, it's free with free childcare, and I might just learn something! I really am excited about it and it will be a good chance to meet other wives and Moms. I am trying to take every opportunity I can while we are here and let's just face it, I love SCHOOL! I know I am a nerd, and a brown noser! I can't help it, it's in my blood and I am tired of pretending!! They have a certificate program that they offer for Seminary Wives. The idea is that the husband is being equipped to minister but the wife often gets left behind and out of the education process causing a rift in the relationship and ministry. I am willing to give it a try and excited to have a chance to do something for myself during this time. But, it may just be something that takes up another night of my week and causes more damage than good. So I am willing to try but willing to let go if it isn't beneficial. I'll keep you updated on my progress as an Equipped wife of a Minister.
1 comment:
Yeah!! Kelli gets to go back to school, too! I love extra school! I did get my M.A. after all, and it certainly wasn't required. Enjoy!
Post a Comment