It hit. The holidays. I remember as a kid my Mom not being ready for the holidays. As a kid, ok...let's scratch that, Up until this year, I have always been chomping at the bit for the holidays. The busy has invaded and it stole my joy! I have been working all day get my decorations up.....because I have to. We are having a Christmas party this weekend and.....what would people think? Gasp. yes, sometimes I, Kelli B., succumb to peer pressure. Well, and my kids would be really sad, too.
I almost got my joy for the season back until it reminded me of all the other things I need to do that I hadn't already remembered.
Now that I have officially had a pity party for myself....we can move on!
But seriously, I am busy. I have lots of things I would love to post. Lots of pictures. Lots of fun ideas for the holiday. I don't have time. That's all there is to it.
So, if you are starting to feel the rush........your heart starts beating faster and faster until you have to sit down or grab some paper to jot all the things......parties, gifts to purchase, memories to make, letters to write, pictures to take, cookies to bake, travel plans to plan, lines to memorize, parties to plan, Oh and let's not forget about teaching our children that all this STUFF is to celebrate the birth of Jesus....yeah, it gets my heart goin'........you aren't alone.
I will not be a scrooge.
I will not be a scrooge.
I will not be a scrooge.
Tomorrow night I vow to sit by the fire in front of the twinkle lights and read, visit, sip cocoa, something enjoyable! I know the best way to combat the loss of joy is to be thankful. I have SO much to be thankful for! SO MUCH! I can count four sweet faces lying asleep right this moment and one very handsome one waiting for me to do the same! Life is full. I will not let the busy win! I think I will go kiss all five of those faces right now!
1 comment:
hehe...I think we finally figured out how to not let the holidays get stressful - have a baby!!! It's amazing how you forget what day it is and people tend to show a little more grace towards you when you've got a newborn around. ;)
It's amazing how grown up your kids are looking! Such a beautiful family you've got, Kelli! :)
Post a Comment