We had a whirlwind week last week. And I am just now recovered enough to tell you about it!
Dan took some time off to make up for some lost days off and just to recoup before we make the final stretch of the summer and final baby prep. Our friends Adam and Mandy came by for a visit on Tuesday and Wednesday with their two boys, Jonah and Caleb. We had such a blast! I was a little too tired to be much fun but we REALLY enjoyed their visit. Our home feels more like home now that we have had some more of our friends and family over. Then Dan went back to the office Thursday and on Friday we headed to the panhandle to visit Nana, Papa and Aunt Angie and cousin Luke. What a fun time!! I came home with a sore stomach from all the laughing we did. The girls got to take their bikes and show off their mad skills! It was tons of fun. Then we came home Saturday just in time to make dinner for some friends in the military who came for an overnight visit. They are both single males so I always enjoy cooking for men who like to eat homecooked meals! Then on Sunday night we had the Youth Led Service at church and Dan to debut his preaching skills for the whole church. Well, at least those that come on Sunday nights! Dan did a great job communicating the scriptures! I love to hear him speak. he always brings lots of energy to what ever he is doing. After the service we were blessed TREMENDOUSLY by a gift card pounding by our church family! What a blessing!! Now I can buy that baby swing that I have been keeping my eyes on at Target! And it looks like we won't have to dress the little man in pink after all! ;) I was never worried! God has always provided so much more than we ask! We have NEVER gone without anything necessary and I can't really say a baby swing is necessary! But I digress!
Then on Monday we got to go visit our sweet friends Chris and Nichole Clayman and their son Hudson in Mineral Wells for the day. That visit was LONG overdue!! They were in from NY for a wedding and we were fortunate enough to get to steal some of their precious time with family! We were both refreshed and renewed by that visit. Although I have to say it was more of a spiritual refreshment and renewal for me. By the end of our marathon week I was pretty pooped!
On Tuesday I had a follow-up sonogram to check on the babies kidneys. The technician would't tell me anything. SO I will have to wait to see what the doctor says tomorrow. But I have learned to wait and trust the Lord for the final outcome no matter how scary the situation may seem right now. Not that I don't sneak in a wayward worry or two every now and then, but I know in my heart of hearts that THE Creator knows much more than the doctors and I trust Him more because He has proven himself time and again!
Yesterday was my catch up day. We layed around and did nothing. I let the girls watch a lot of tv. And I don't even feel guilty about it! I didn't even go to church last night. After Olivia's early arrival I have decided to try and take it a little easier this time around. That has to start now. SO I am doing the basics that have to be done and that is IT! I am trying to keep my feet up and get as much rest as I can between trips to the bathroom and trying to get comfortable.
Dan is leaving for a mission trip to New Orleans with the Youth Group on Saturday. I will be offering prayer support. But if you think of it I would covet your prayers as well. We sure are going to miss Daddy!
I have lots more I want to say but this post is wordy enough for today. I sometimes forget that I am not just writing this for my Mom and Mother-in-Law. They care about the little things!
2 comments:
1. I care about the little things, too.
2. I cannot believe that week you just had. Whew! I'm tired reading about it.
3. Missing you guys. Anna Kate played with imaginary Faith Lyn, Elise and Olivia all day yesterday. Poor girl...it's time for a visit.
I'd have to agree with Erin, Kelli. I enjoy reading about the 'little things' in your lives! Bet you're pooped after such a busy, busy week. We're praying for you as your pregnancy comes to an end and will be in prayer for Dan and his trip to New Orleans.
...once we get through our busyness, I'll blog about it and hope others care enough to read about the little things in our lives as well. ;)
Post a Comment