Monday, May 1, 2006

Our New Home


I said that I would post a picture of the house we will be moving to and today is that day! I am only posting a close shot of the house because I don't want my parents or Dan's parents to worry when they see the neighborhood! It's not really that bad but they will see it soon enough!
And Erin, as far as the barrio goes. . . YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHIN' YET! My friend Erin Gerlt posted on her blog about living in the Barrio. You should look at her blog and rad the comments for the entry "So it's no Secret..." http://gerlthouse.blogspot.com/ A friend of hers commented on some standards for a neighborhood to be considered the Barrio. Well, let me just say we will be residing in THE BARRIO!! I am really looking forward to starting our life there no matter what the neighborhood is like. It can't be much worse than where we lived in Abilene. Technically it could but we won't dwell on that thought.
*The baby in the picture is Hudson Taylor Clayman.*
This house is even better than we thought!! Christopher forgot to mention that the kitchen has a dishwasher!! Praise The LORD!! It doesn't take much to make me giddy but any Mom of small children with a husband would join in my song of joy for a dishwasher! The bedrooms are pretty small but I am just so thankful to have three! The livingroom is . . . small. But we will take it! And a garage!! I never even thought to dream of a garage! I have started to decorate the rooms and fill all of the closets and storage space already. I am sure you women can relate. The house is our domain, and darn it if we just can 't help ourselves!!

Oh and by the way. . . Chris and Nichole and their son, Hudson Taylor Clayman are leaving this month to start West African Outreach/New York City. They will be moving to Harlem the middle of this month and if you would like to help with prayer or support or just contact Chris before or during their move let me know and I can give you his email or phone number. I think he would kill me if I put his personal info here for the whole cyber world! I am really excited about what they are doing. If you know anything about Chris and Nichole you know that they have a great passion to minister to West Africans. And more specifically natives of Mali. Chris did some missionary work in Mali a few years ago and some health concerns have kept him from returning overseas. It has been so amazing to see how God has directed Chris and Nichole to this ministry despite all the seemingly large roadblocks that kept popping up along the way. It just goes to show you that God is more powerful than any circumstances and sometimes He even uses hard things to take us where He wants us! Please pray for them as they serve God in this exciting next step!
They have to raise their own support and I know that my God owns the cattle on a thousand hills but we are often called to be His hands and feet!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Can I just tell you that I am busting with excitement? I am so thrilled to see the house that the Lord has provided and it blesses me to see the joy that you have for moving your life to follow Him in obedience. I love you and cannot wait for you to be 30 minutes away from me!

Keri said...

Dear Kelli-
On the upside of living in the barrio...you'll be there with lots of wonderful christian families. Not often do we get to live in a christian community. Also, the seminary campus (if you haven't checked it out yet) is just beautiful. There is a man-made stream and koi pond in the middle of the campus surrounded by a serene prayer garden. My husband and I are alumni, but I go back just to take beautiful walks with my baby girl. When are you moving? I'll bring you some cookies:)
Keri (friend of Chad and Erin)

Momma B. said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Keri! I am very excited about how God has provided for us and can't wait to see what all He has in store. We are unfortunately on a street of perimeter housing that only has one other seminary family. But that will provide us some outreach opportunities right in our front yard! We arrive June 9th! Hope to meet you!!

Erin said...

June 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kelli, I can't wait. I, too, will be there with cookies or maybe I'll bring kool-aid since Keri's bringing cookies! We'll have a welcome back to Texas party for our friends. Then we'll hit it and get that washer hooked up and those beds set up so that life can continue...love you!

Love Mommas said...

Woohoo! I can survive until June 9th! Can't wait to have you guys close again and to meet your girls...we for sure have to do Fear Factor DFW!